|If you're using...
Workshare Professional 8 and above
If you've raised a case with Support that requires a fix and you're using Workshare Professional 8 or higher, we'll send you the fix as an MSP file. This file type is deployed in the same ways as other software, such as Active Directory Group Policies, so you'll be able to roll it out to your organization in the way that's best for you. More information about MSP files can be found on Microsoft's website: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa370578(v=vs.85).aspxTo install an MSP file:
To locate the update on your computer:
- Extract the MSP file from the ZIP.
- Double-click the MSP file. The installation wizard will run.
- Click Update.
- If prompted to elevate your UAC permissions, click Yes.
- Once the file's finished installing, click Finish. Relevant DLLs and EXEs will be automatically be updated with the new build number. To check that the MSP has been installed correctly, locate the update on your computer following the steps below.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program or Programs and Features.
- Click View installed updates.
- Scroll down down to the relevant version of Workshare. You will see a new update with the CR number from your case, e.g. CR00485191.
To uninstall an MSP file:
- Locate the update on your computer by following the steps above.
- Right-click the update.
- Select Uninstall. Once the MSP has been uninstalled, you'll revert back to whichever version of Professional you were using before you installed the MSP.