If you're an IT administrator, you can deploy these Preferences
- From the File menu, select Preferences.
- Select Network.
- To limit the bandwidth available to data downloaded to the desktop app:
- In the Bandwith: field, click Change Settings...
- Deselect Don't limit.
- In the Limit to: field, specify your limit in kilobytes per second.
- To change your proxy server settings:
- In the Proxies field, click Change Settings...
- In the Proxy Settings: field:
- If you do not want to use a proxy, select No Proxy go to step 3.
- To have Workshare use your computer's system settings to connect to the network, select Auto-detect go to step 3. Note: This option is not available for Mac.
- To enter your proxy server details manually, select Manual: and go to the next step.
- To ensure that all traffic for the desktop app goes via your proxy server or, if the proxy server is not available, to set the desktop app to offline, select Force Proxy. If you don't want to do this, deselect it.
- In Proxy Type: choose the type of your Proxy Server (HTTP, HTTP Caching or Socks5).
- In Server:, enter the server address.
- In Port:, enter the port number.
- Click Save.